понедельник, 3 октября 2011 г.

removing black carpet glue::I bought a house in tulsa, okla removing black carpet glue

removing black carpet glue

removing black carpet glue

removing black carpet glue

removing black carpet glue::I bought a house in tulsa, okla.
And it is 57 years old.
The previous owners put the industrial carpet squares down with glue directly over the wood floor.
I ripped out the old carpet and the glue still has a tacky feel and a chemical smell.
I want to get it all up before i start sanding due to not wanting to get the glue build up on my sand paper.
Any ideas on what to use or how to get the clean up done?
Tulsa, ok his is a good time to jump to a maintenance tips article i recently wrote.
My recommendation is to start at the top of the list and work down.
Sprinkle, spray or dab a little solvent on the a small patch.
My bet would be mineral spirits, because it works on many glues and tar compounds.
I believe that every home needs a supply of rubbing alcohol, mineral spirits, and goofoff , at the very least.
This chemistry set can clean almost anything.
I think that a lot of the challenge to your task is the choice of scrubbing utensils.
Most plastics will not be affected by the solvents mentioned here.
I have a 3m scrubbing pad that is sold for use in stripping paint, and it works really well for that.
It is a coarse scotchbrite pad bonded to a very comfortable handle.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий